Seven Unique Qualities of a SETTE
1. We use one full meter of AAA Italian quality silk. Most ties use cotton liners creating a false sense of heft, with a Sette, what you get is one piece of silk folded asymmetrically seven times. This is almost unheard of in modern neckwear.
2. Exclusivity. No two Sette's are the same. A handmade product confirms this, as does the fact that we number every tie we make. Think of it like a club for men who value fine neckties.
3. Our cross fold covers the width of the blade of the tie. It uses more silk, but it’s a step you won't see in many other 7-folds. Exactly why we do it.
4. We searched long and hard and chose one of the oldest and finest silk mills in Como, Italy to weave and produce our exclusive designs. The silk we use is AAA-grade quality that we guarantee.
5. Did we say Italy? A Sette is actually MADE in Italy. The entire process of design, silk weave, cut, make, and trim all takes place just near Lake Como. It is not manufactured in another country with a shiny Italian label sewn on after the fact. When you are making the best product in the world, its important not to cut corners.
6. We prefer to not have any tags on the product. If we have something to say, we'll stitch it into the silk. Another example of the extra care put into making the world’s finest necktie. In addition, our bar tack is uniquely crocheted into a number 7 - difficult to produce, but sets us apart and confirms the thought and care put into your necktie.
7. Our slip stitch, which runs the length of the necktie allows for it to live and breathe and not be constricted. Sewing the stitch on the outside of the tie also makes a fashion statement lending to the bespoke quality of your necktie. It is impossible to make that stitch with a machine and is a reminder of the handmade craftsmanship of a Sette.